My Crochet Edgings Class for our Smocking Guild (SAGA) went fantastic this past Monday evening. I truly had SO much fun pulling it all together, as well as presenting it. We had a pretty large crowd by our standards...about 14 ladies!!! I had the pleasure of teaching about 6 of them to crochet...the rest had some bit of experience even if it had been 25 years ago. It all comes back to you...kind of like riding a bicycle!!! I also had the priviledge of two ladies there that grace the pages of Sew Beautiful pretty regularly!!! Very impressive and I thought it might be intimidating...but they both were SO gracious...that instead of being scared....I had a wonderful time!!!
This sweet little dress above is a Creations by Michie' pattern. I made it a few months back in pink with lace. You can see it here. This time around I put the precious crochet edging across the bodice as well as at the neck, sleeves, and hem. I love the ecru on the light blue. I am still planning on embroidering something on the yoke...but I'm not sure what yet. I am thinking ecru floss though for the entire embroidery design.
I also took this sweet little bib that I made a few months ago. The fabric is flannel and I think the edging looks equally adorable on it as it does the delicate baby items.
The following items I made over the past few months and have also blogged about. I thought I would include the photos here so you could see what else I took with me to the class.
This is a Wee-Care gown made with the Grady Gown pattern. The bonnet is my pattern.
This is a baby daygown and the pattern is from Grandmother's Hopechest by Martha Pullen.
Close up of the embroidery on the front.
Matching bonnet made with my own pattern.
Matching bloomers from Grandmother's Hopechest by Martha Pullen.
And Elisabeth's Heidi dress. The peasant top has crochet around the sleeves.
And here is the Baby Polly by Pintucks and Pettiecoats that I just finished up last week.
And if you've read this far...you deserve a medal!!! This is a picture of the preemie-sized baby bonnet that we made that night after my presentation. I had all the bonnet kits made up and the ladies only had to choose a crochet trim pattern and then crochet it on. One lady even finished hers before the night was over.....impressive!!! Then she gave it to me to donate with our Wee-Care gowns to the local hospital NICU. The bonnet is my own pattern based on the head size of a 2 lb. baby. So in my mind the night was very successful....hopefully the ladies in attendance felt the same.