Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Favorite So Far..........


This is the sweet little daygown I worked on a few weeks back. It is a basic pattern that I touched up with some hand embroidery and some precious hand-crocheted lace on the edges. I had so much fun making this dress that I found I could not just stop with the dress. I had to go on and make a few more matching pieces.


First though.....here is the detail along the front placket. I like simple and uncomplicated things.


The bonnet is precious as well. I embellished it with the same embroidery design that is on the placket of the dress. Just a one-thread featherstitch and some bullion rosebuds. I put a cluster of rosebuds on the top of the bonnet...but you can't see them from this picture.

Lastly I made this adorable little diaper cover. As a parent, when my babies wear dresses I'd rather have a diaper cover than a slip anyday. So that is why I made these. And I also crocheted the lace around the leg openings. Cute! The crochet pattern that I used came from an Australian Smocking and Embroidery magazine. They are wonderful and the photography is amazing!!!

I carried this sweet little emsemble to my last SAGA meeting and now I will be teaching two classes on how to do the crochet edging. Which if funny because this is the first I have crocheted in oh, about 30 years. But I did find it to be highly addictive. I made a Wee Care gown using the same techniques which I still need to take a photo of. And I'm already planning out another design in my head and on paper.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very sweet - love the precious details and I need to learn to crochet. :)

Susan said...

So precious, Cindy! Will you move to Vancouver and be my neighbor??? ;)

Anonymous said...

Cindy - what pattern is the daygown? and diaper cover? please share :) thanks

Cindy said...

Cheryl, Thanks so much.

The patterns were both from "Grandmother's Hope Chest" by Martha Pullen.

Cindy said...

Susan...I would love to be your neighbor....but you'd have to move South!!! I can't stand the cold!!! Even where I am, I feel it is way too cold for me. Thanks for the sweet words!

LMC said...

As I was reading some of your previous blogs I found this one. Love the oufit and wish you would comment more on how you did the attaching of the cochet. Also, would like to know which ASAE you used. I wish I belonged to your smocking group, also. You are so talented and so giving. LMC

Cindy said...

LMC.....Thanks for the kind words. The Australian Smocking and Embroidery was issue # 79 and the garment was called "Beloved." I attach entredeux to the fabric and then crochet into the entredeux. It really makes crocheting that much easier!! Let me know if you have any other questions.

LMC said...

Cindy, would you please tell me how you attached the entredeux to the front of the dress? Did you sew it on by machine or by hand. thanks lois

Cindy said...

Lois....I made the daygown like normal. Then I trimmed the fabric off of one side of the entredeux. Then I butted that trimmed-off side of the entredeux to the front facing of the gown. I used a tiny zigzag to attach the two together by machine. Does that help? Let me know if you have any other questions. Blessings to you!

LMC said...

Thanks... I got it. Love looking at your wee care gowns. I'm going to try a few of your ideas. LMC

Related Posts with Thumbnails