Friday, October 12, 2007

Pintucks and Pettiecoats Pattern Review and Samples............



I've mentioned my friend Paige here before....but I didn't elaborate on her awesome new patterns. So I met with her today, with my camera in hand.....and we took a few pictures of her sample garments made with her patterns. This one is my absolute favorite....and I don't usually care for santa stuff. Just adorable. Both sides of this Avery jumper are featherwale corduroy with the most amazing plaid for piping.




Pocket details............





The jumper is reversible....and this is the other side. Another thing to note is that this jumper is longer than your standard jumper. It is designed to fall around the middle of the calf. Perfect for my little ones that love to wear jumpers in the cold winter months....keep those leggies warm.



Here are two more Avery jumpers............side one............




Side two.......................love those bunny ears! Both of these jumpers are cotton fabrics.




Here are two of the Jesse coats and bonnets....once again reversible but I forgot to take the "other" picture....oops! One is made with chambray/denim and cotton and the other with featherwale corduroy.





And finally, here are several photos of the Brooke pattern. Once again, they are all reversible. The fabrics used here are cottons and pinwale pique.





On this particular top she embroidered bullion rosebuds....cute!




I love the pink skirt with this top....I must get that from my Elisabeth....she loves pink!





Here is Brooke made up in fall colors. She also has a matching coat.....but I forgot to get a picture of it.....bad photographer!!!

Currently there are several stores on-line carrying her patterns. A quick Google search generated the following:

http://www.bessiemary.com/

http://www.delicatestitches.com/

http://www.farmhousefabrics.com/

http://www.carolharrisco.com/

I personally have made the Brooke pattern for both of my girls. I showed them here and here. Since the items are reversible there is only a tiny bit of finishing work.....I love that!!! Now that fall is slowly easing it's way into our area, I will be starting on the Avery jumper for my girls. I am waiting for them to choose the fabrics and design details....I believe Paige put 12 design choices in that pattern (santa, heart, firecracker, butterfly, snowflake, bunny, package, pumpkin, watermelon slice, lady bug, Christmas tree, gingerbread man). Did I ever mention that fabric shopping is my most favorite part of the process? If not, I just did. What? We are going fabric shopping tomorrow? Fine by me!!!!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them all! I saw there was a new line of patterns out - I really like seeing them all made up. :)

Susan said...

I've never seen these before, but they sure are cute! Makes me wish I had a little girl to sew for!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOhhhhh! I just love the jumpers. I think my favorite is the Jesse coats. I wish my little girl was small enough to wear those again. I'm sure your girls have already picked out what they want you to make them next! Does she have any boy patterns for Ethan? So looking forward to what you create next! Tell Paige I wish I had known her 6 years ago!

Cindy said...

Thanks for all the kind words.....Paige has done an outstanding job with the patterns and the samples!!! I am blessed to have her as a friend!!!

Katie said...

Those are just the sweetest jumpers/coats/outfits! I love the pocket designs.

Karina said...

you really do a great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails