Sunday, July 22, 2007

One Pattern.....Four Outfits!

(combo #1)
I am always amazed with fabric. It looks so simple and unassuming on the shelf. Then I get an idea of a pattern to match it with and I am off and running. Well, ok, this time it was Emily who picked the fabric out....but I was there to watch. Last week one of our local sewing stores was offering 30% off all fabric. You know we were there, don't you???? I considered going multiple times....but unfortunately only made it the one time. Ethan is getting to be a handful at sewing shops....he keeps trying to re-arrange all the notions and fabric bolts.

Anyway, this time we headed to the fabric store with this pattern in mind. You see, one of my favorite friends, has just designed two children's patterns. Her patterns are going to debut at a vendor's booth at the Martha Pullen School this coming week. The first pattern is the outfit you see here. The neat thing about it...besides it is adorable....is that it is completely reversible. So....you have not one outfit....but four. And see the scallops???? Those are her trademark. She loves scallops. I don't usually care for fiddly things like that...but I must admit I found them easier to navigate than I thought I would. Oh, and for people like me, there are other options than only scallops. The second neat thing about this pattern is the construction method. I have never put pieces together the way she recommends. And now that I have...I will probably always use her techniques. And I am not just saying that because she is my friend. Oh, and did I mention this is my sweet friend Paige that gave us the yummy corn and helped us out so much when I hurt my leg???? She was already wonderful in my mind!


(combo #2)

On the pattern for the top she also has included placement marks if you want to embellish it. As you can see in the above photo, I chose to display some hand embroidery. Since I like symmetry, it was easy to transfer the marks and not have to think about where to place my little flowers.

(combo #3)

Emily is estatic about her new outfit. These pictures do not do it full justice. It is adorable. She has already worn it multiple times so that she could try out each combination.


(combo #4)


Elisabeth also picked out some fabric (pink, of course) and I am almost finished with hers. Every time she sees me at the sewing machine she brightly says ...."Oh, thank you Mom for working on my outfit!" See, I have to sew, it makes the girls happy!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like you are having way too much fun. That does look adorable on Emily. I'll bet Elisabeth wants her own set too! Sounds like Paige has it all together-good for her. I wish I knew someone like that down here.

Karina said...

You make sewing look soo easy, great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails