Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Sweet Floral Dress


I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. My sweet family gave me cards, and treated me to lunch and dinner. Plus we went to the park so the kids could swing and play on the climbing equipment. One day we really need to invest in some swings or such for our backyard....one day.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes for my injured leg. It is getting better...but it sure is a slow process. When it initially happened Wayne had to take over a week off from work to stay home and care for all of us. And also, my sweet friend Paige, who lives almost an hour away, gave up three days of her life to come and care for us. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful friend. I am getting around better and therefore able to resume the meal preparation, laundry, clean up, etc....but I just do it while hobbling around. Hopefully one day it won't hurt to walk. Until then, I am just happy to be out of bed and doing what I can do.

In the meantime, I have been sewing this week. I made this sweet little dress for Elisabeth. It is a Children's Corner pattern and the name of it is Lillian. It is a sweet little A-line dress that buttons up the back.



I immediately fell in love with this floral print. And since I like to make the lining almost as fun as the main fabric, I lined it with this mellow green and white gingham. The dress is completely lined which makes this a quick project. The buttons on the back are light green as well.



A few days before I hurt my leg, I actually cleaned out my sewing cabinet and found lots of things I had forgotten I had. One surprise was this white rick rack. I love rick rack and that's great considering it is coming back into style. So I put just a touch of the rick rack on the pocket tops....cute.
I definitely will make more of these fun dresses. I keep trying to make one for Emily...but she is still undecided. However, I did make her a dress this past week as well. She picked out the pattern, fabric, notions, etc. I will take a couple photos of it and then I will post it. Hope you all have a fantastic week. Happy sewing!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Gosh, Cindy, is that just the cutest! I love CC patterns. I need more of them. =) I love the last outfit you posted, too. The Bernina piping foot is great. Or, you can try using your zipper foot--that's what I did before I invested in the piping foot.

Keep sewing! You really inspire me.

Cindy said...

HI Katie,

Thanks for your wonderful comments. Matching patterns and fabric is so much fun. Thanks for the recommendation for the piping foot. I did special order it last week from my dealer. It is now in and I need to pick it up. I can't wait to see how much easier it makes the piping process. Thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

That fabric is so colorful. How can you be unhappy with such pretty colors and designs? Does Elisabeth like to wear it? I'll bet she looks fantastic. I used to love making Abbie A-line dresses-no ruffles!!! Keep up the good work.

Karina said...

Really nice! Your sewing is really good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails