Saturday, May 05, 2007

Slowly Getting Back Into the Groove of Things.....


My leg is healing slowly, but surely. It really isn't my knee joint, but rather the tibia/fibula joint. Fortunately I have a wonderful Chiropractor that makes house calls. He came out the day the injury happened and many times since.

After spending the entire first week in bed, I finally was able to get up and slowly start doing some things....like sewing here and there when Wayne set up the sewing machine for me. This is the outfit I came up with for Elisabeth. I used patterns but added my own embellishments to the top. The pattern for the top is McKenna by Bonnie Blue. I added the piping to the neck and arm holes as well as the narrow ruffle around the bottom. Since the top is lined I thought it would be easy to do these additions....but I really had to think through the whole deal. Fortunately it all came out well. The shorts are a pattern from Children's Corner Becky pattern. Both pieces are a little big on Elisabeth but this way she'll have room to grow.



My personal favorite part of the entire outfit is the gingham covered buttons on the back. I love covered buttons. I think they really make an outfit. Next up....an outfit for Emily. I have a dress cut out for Elisabeth already....but since it has extensive piping I really need to invest in the proper foot for my sewing machine. Using the regular foot for piping just doesn't work too well for me.
It's good to be sewing again!!!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

That outfit is so beautiful. You are so sew blessed

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you are back on your feet again. That outfit for Elisabeth is so cute. I agree, the covered buttons are the big difference in that outfit. It must feel good to be creative again. That, to me, is the best medicine.

Ruth said...

I'm glad you're leg is getting better!

Elisabeth's outfit is adorable. I love seeing the work you do and reading about your lovely family.

Jennifer said...

This is a really cute summer outfit!! glad to hear your leg is feeling better :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails