Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Emily's New Dress......


....and she picked out the pattern, the fabrics, and the notions. She loves it!!!!!!!!

The pattern is another one by Children's Corner. I am quickly becoming addicted to these patterns. The name of the pattern is Emma. It isn't my favorite....but Emily loves it and has worn it many times this week. It is fully lined which means she doesn't have to wear a slip with it....but the way it is made I had to hem the dress and the lining separately. That part wasn't too fun.


She picked this teal/violet fabric for the outside of the dress and a violet/white gingham for the lining. For the collar she chose a soft violet. I normally would have made the piping out of the solid color fabric she picked for the collar....however, it is heavy and I did not think it would make great piping. Soooooo....I went with the pre-made piping in a combination of violet and white. I initially was apprehensive of her selection of fabrics and notions.....but I must say it came out better than I had anticipated. She is getting good at this!
Next up on the sewing machine: Short and top outfits for both girls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the dress turned out wonderfully. Tell Emily she has a flair for fashion. I'm sure it will make her feel good to be wearing a one-of-a-kind original.

Karina said...

That is beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails