Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sweet Sisters.............


I finished Emily's dress just in the nick of time. Both girls want to wear their dresses for Emily's birthday party which we are celebrating in the Smokies this Sunday. I already posted about Elisabeth's dress here. Emily's is the same pattern, just a couple sizes bigger.



I had every bit as much fun making the piping for this dress as I did with the first one. I actually find it quite addicting once I get past cutting the bias strips. I don't know why I don't like cutting fabric on the bias.


I even had a few pieces of scrap fabric leftover to make the girls dresses for their dolls. The dolls will be joining us for the birthday party so I figured they should have dresses too.



I used a basic doll dress pattern and altered it a bit so that I could put some piping in. I definitely see more of these dresses in our future. I really enjoyed how quickly they went together.

There will be no sewing for a week or so. We are off to the mountains....and my sewing machine is off to the repair shop. It has been acting up lately. Hopefully it will be ready to come home and play nice upon our return. In the meantime, have no fear, I have other things to post about.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

All the dresses are really cute...even the dolls...lol

Anonymous said...

They look too cute! I miss Abbie wanting to match her American Girl doll! Now, she's into dance and tennis. They grow up too fast! Have a great time at Grandma's, and take lots of pictures. Wish we could be there.

Elaine said...

How cute! I love the green buttons and trim.

Katie said...

Adorable girls, dresses, and dolls! I hope y'all have a great trip. And that your machine gets fixed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails