Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Simplicity.............


It doesn't take much to make me happy. I purchased this grapevine wreath last fall and somehow it was put in a closet for awhile. I found it the other day, pulled it out and wrapped this fantastic burgandy gingham ribbon around it. After making a quick bow and attaching it with a pipe cleaner to the wreath, I placed it on our door. But this isn't our front door. Actually, it is the door in our den that leads out to our garage. In the past, I have only placed wreaths on our front door....but then I never get to enjoy them....except when I return from gathering the mail. This way I see it all day, especially since the hallway leading to the door extends from our kitchen....which is where I am most of the day. So far every time I see it....I smile. I told you I am easy to please.
On a side note, Wayne has been out of town on business travel. Therefore my crafting time has been null and void. On the upside, the kids and I have been reading, singing, baking, and other fun stuff. Oh, and there's going to be an eight-year-old in the house soon. We are in high gear making birthday plans!!!! Plus we had a furniture delivery the other day. Pictures to follow soon!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the simple things too. I love making wreaths because they are so quick. I love the instant gratification. I have a soon to be 8 year old too. He can't wait-counting the days. We are going to Tradewinds for his birthday bash. He loves the slide by the ocean. Send furniture pics. I love to see new stuff. Enjoy your alone time with the kids-it never lasts too long.

Shereen said...

Hi Cindy, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave me a comment. I'm so happy you did, because it led me back to your little home on the web. ;0) Ohh, you have so many nice crafty posts. I love to see what others are doing, especially sewing. I hope you decided to link up to Sew Crafty Fridays, so others can see. I can't wait to come back to your blog later on this week to peruse some more. I hope your beloved has a safe trip back home. I'm sure you have been very busy without him. I know my free time goes out the window my beloved has to travel.

Related Posts with Thumbnails