Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Weekend Adventures.........

We took a little weekend jaunt to Chattanooga, TN. The kids were fascinated with the Chattanooga Choo Choo. I personally enjoyed the yummy food we had...but my favorite part was a visit to a great quilt store called Lavender Lime. The sweet employees even wrapped my fabric purchase in lavender tissue paper and then carefully placed it in a lime-colored bag. True to their name!
I asked the girls what their favorite part was. They both enthusiastically agreed that it was the hotel POOL!!!!! Their next favorite thing was the hotel itself. It's good to know that they are easy to impress. We could easily drive ten minutes from our home and stay at a hotel next time. All they'll need to bring are their bathing suits! Then we'll drop back by our house for dinner. Sounds like a deal and the packing will be a breeze!!!

Since we've been back home, Wayne's been washing all the vehicles. All the kids love being outside....but Ethan is really enjoying helping his Dad. He has learned how to operate the hose and managed to soak Emily. Fortunately she thought it was funny. However, he also likes to help dry off the vehicles.


He had me spray water on the car in particular spots and then he wiped them dry. This activity alone kept him busy for an hour or so. I guess we all need our hobbies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had loads of fun in Chattanooga. We took Taylor when he was 2 because of his love for trains. He didn't want to leave. My kids always love the pool. I recentlly took them to the Animal Kingdom Lodge when Walter was out of town, and they had a ball in the pool and the with the slide. I guess I could've saved the money on the Disney passes and just swam all day!!
My kids love to wash cars too. It always makes the little ones feel good to help doing big jobs. At least Ethan is short enough to get the low parts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails