Saturday, March 01, 2008

Ready For Spring.....


This dress for Elisabeth just screams SPRING! I used the Children's Corner Lillian pattern and decided I wanted to use two coordinating fabrics. So instead of just dreaming about altering the pattern....I actually did it this time. I took the tissue pattern and traced each piece onto another sheet of pattern paper. Then I decided where I wanted the seam to be on the front piece and drew it in. Then I measured carefully and did the same seam line on the back piece. Next I had to account for seam allowances. So I re-traced each pattern piece including the new seam allowance onto fresh pattern paper. I then sewed the dress together and added the ribbon trim. Then I promptly ran out of ribbon...so I had to go back to the heirloom shop. The owner talked me into getting orange ribbon for the bow rather than the pink. I don't know....what do you all think? There is orange in the fabric.....but I'm just not sure if I like the two-tone look in the ribbon area? Other than that.....I love the dress. And fortunately, Elisabeth does too!!!!




On the back I put little white buttons that are trimmed in orange. I think they are cute and just give the dress a little more personality. You may recall I made Elisabeth a couple of dresses with this pattern last year (here and here).....I think this may be my favorite Children's Corner pattern ever!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She'll look like and angel in that dress. How cute. I love the button detail.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Keep the orange bow :))

Catherine said...

I have been doing a variation on the Lillian this week too. But I ran out of fabric, of course, and had to wait to get more. I think the orange bow is great.

Bunny said...

I love the orange. You have a lovely blog. I look forward to reading it from here on. Great little dress!
Bunny

Cindy said...

Thanks Missy!!

Cindy said...

Thanks Cheryl....I think I am going to keep the bow!

Cindy said...

Thanks SewCatherine....I'm glad you came to visit!!!

Cindy said...

Thanks Bunny!!! Thanks for coming to visit!!! And, yes, I think I'll keep the bow! It's growing on me!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails