Saturday, August 18, 2007

Another Summer Dress......



I picked up this fabric a week or two ago with the intentions of using the same pattern I used for this dress a few months back. The pattern is Lillian by Children's Corner. This time around I made the size 5 in hopes of Elisabeth being able to wear it next spring/summer as well.




I love the pockets on the front. Just perfect for little girl treasures.




And I could not resist putting more rick rack on them. I need only to find more things to put rick rack on. Such fun. This sweet little dress also has small side splits at the bottom that you cannot see in these pictures. They give the dress even more personality and character. In addition, I fully lined this dress with a pale blue and white gingham and used pale blue buttons on the back. Cute and very springy!



I was able to use my loaner sewing machine for everything except the buttonholes....I just could not get them to work properly. So I had to dig out my old reliable Kenmore and thread it up. Perfect buttonhole everytime!!!! My Kenmore has never been oiled, cleaned (except surface lint in the bobbin compartment), or otherwise and it performs for me everytime. I just can't bear to part with it....just because of situations like this.



2 comments:

Katie said...

Oooh! That's such an adorable dress, Cindy! I love the rick-rack, too. I will have to add Lillian to my CC patterns...I just bought Abbie and Kitty.

I'm glad your old machine was able to get you through the dress. My Kenmore is too old and horrid to even be kept around at this point.

Anonymous said...

It looks like Elisabeth loves her new dress. I hope she gets more wear out of it. I hope she doesn't have too many growth spurts. I quit trying to plan ahead for sizing. My kids are growing like weeds, and everytime I turn around, I'm replacing outgrown items.
I sure wish your machine situation would get corrected. I hate not having the equipment I need to complete a task.

Related Posts with Thumbnails