Thursday, August 23, 2007

Pop Quiz.......


Is the above photo......

a) an antique cabinet that houses some of our previously mentioned art supplies

OR

b) Ethan's very own rock climbing wall????


Apparently Both!

He thinks when he closes his eyes....I can't see him!!!

The other day I entered the kitchen to find Ethan grasping for anything he could reach in the cabinet drawer. Then he pushed the drawer closed and proceeded to put each foot on a pull handle as he hoisted himself up by finding a pull knob for each hand. His feet were on the second drawer up when I finally had to help him back to safe ground. If I had not been worried about his safety I would have run for the camera earlier. After I put him on safe ground he quickly started empting out the drawer again as evidenced above. There's never a dull moment around here!

As for fun crafting/sewing news. I have so many projects going on...but it seems I never have the time to properly post about them. But for now I will tell you about where I went this past Monday evening. I attended my first Smocking Arts Guild of America (SAGA) meeting. It was great to meet others that enjoy smocking, sewing, embroidering, quilting, etc as much as I do. SAGA isn't just for smockers like a lot of people think. Basically our local group meets one evening a month and generally there is a person either from the group or a teacher that is brought in to teach a new stitch, technique, project, etc. Plus there is lots of socializing, sharing of ideas, projects, and the like. In addition, SAGA has a service project of creating smocked gowns for premature babies in neonatal intensive care units at local hospitals. I feel like I have been so blessed to have three big and healthy babies....all 8 lbs and bigger (Elisabeth was 10 lbs and all natural) that this is the least that I can do. Plus as a bonus I get to meet great people and learn more sewing goodness along the way.



2 comments:

Katie said...

Yikes! Strap that thing to the wall (if it isn't already). We had a dresser disaster when Davis was about 18 months old. Scary, but thankfully no injuries, except a few bruises (him) and a few gray hairs (me).

I will look into SAGA. That sounds like a nice group and I have wanted to get involved in some charity sewing for a while now.

Anonymous said...

Ethan sounds a lot like Andrew. He used to move chairs in the kitchen to climb up on the counters. You can never take your eyes off little boys. That is funny with the eye thing. Such concrete thinking, if I can't see you, you can't see me!
It sounds like SAGA will be a lot of fun for you. Do you take Emily with you? I'm sure she helps with a lot of your crafts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails