Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Fun, Striped Knitted Socks...





Wow! This was the fastest pair of socks I have ever knitted. They took me three weeks from start to finish. I realize for most people that’s not very fast, but for me who often takes two years to finish a pair of socks, it’s pretty impressive!!! 




I used my pattern that I always use. And the yarn was actually in my stash. I really like all the various shades of blue in it.  I could not find the yarn label so I’m not sure what yarn it was but it feels a bit like wool, but like it may have a bit of cotton in it too. I’ll have to keep searching for the brand and when I figure it out I’ll let you all know. 




Oh another two things: the yarn was self-striping which I love and it always fascinates me!!! And two, I had all intentions of trying really hard to match the stripes when I started the second sock. Then I got excited about finishing the first and starting the second, and completely forgot!!!  Fortunately the yarn serendipitously worked it all out almost perfectly on its own!!! The stripes are very close to matching and I’m thrilled!!! 


I found it really hard to get good pictures while wearing the socks, but it was pretty funny! If you prefer to see the socks off my feet, here they are. 

What are you doing to nurture your soul each day? Creating something? Listening to music? Enjoying nature? Please think about what brings you joy and do it intentionally!!! It makes all the difference, Friends!!! Take care of yourself and each other!!! 

xoxo,

Cindy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails