Friday, February 18, 2022

Sock Knitting in February...



All this cold weather ⛄️ inspired me to finish knitting this pair of socks 🧦 that I’ve had on my needles for awhile now.  

For me knitting socks is a comfortable mixture of intense focus 🤔 and mindlessness 🙃. Some parts require a lot of attention and the other parts don’t. I work on the heel turns and decreases when I have the time to pay attention and keep track of the various rounds. And I work the cuff and foot of the sock while listening to an educational lecture or audiobook. That process seems to work well for me. 😊

I used my tried and true pattern. One day I need to try a new pattern, but for now I am very content with this one. The yarn 🧶 is navy Berroco Comfort Sock and I really enjoyed knitting with it. I used my size 1 1/2 Crystal Palace bamboo double pointed needles. I’ve had these needles for almost 20 years and they have been faithful, but I think they are on the edge of breaking. I am looking into some new ones. 


What have you been working on lately? Are you taking time to nourish and refresh your soul? 🌈 Please do find some pockets of time each day to do something you enjoy!!! ❤️


xoxo,


Cindy





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails