Sunday, July 08, 2007

Just For Fun......

We surely have had a lot of fun lately. Yesterday we went out to eat at Logan's Roadhouse....those that know me well know that this is my favorite local restaurant!!!! Anyway, this is how Emily was dressed. One of the servers told her she looked like Woody from Toy Story. Emily just looked at her.....you see, she has never seen Toy Story. Me neither for that fact. Every time I've tried to watch it....I fall asleep!! I don't get into the Disney movies....which is funny since I grew up in Kissimmee and used to work at Disney World. I worked on the Skyway Cable Cars (which aren't even there anymore). "Watch your head and step." That was the most mentioned phrase. However, I still remember the long spiel....it is about 10 minutes long.....like it was just yesterday rather than twenty years ago. Just for grins....my brother used to work there at the Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion.


Here is our new washer and dryer. Just so you know.....we all (all five of us) fight over who gets to do laundry now. Usually we have to break each load up into five different tasks. One puts the clothes in, one shuts the door, one puts the detergent in (these things use special detergent....did you know that??), one sets the controls, and the last one gets to push the "on" button. If Ethan does not get to push the button......well, it isn't pretty. Let's just leave it at that!!


The dryer is pretty cool too!!! The washer spins the clothes so fast that by the time they get to the dryer they are practically dry. A huge load of towels is bone dry in 30 minutes or less. Amazing!!! And just so you all know....I was fine with our 12 year old washer and dryer (even though it did take two hours to dry a small load of towels)....Wayne wanted us to have this new fancy, smancy duo!!!! But I have no complaints!!! This pair is much more time, energy, and water efficient!!!!



Missy, this one is for you. Here are the girls new beds. Yes, this is only one of them....but imagine this one times two. The second one is to the right of this one. And that little white chair that you see is part of a table and two chair set that is right between the beds and in front of a window. I like that the beds look Pottery Barn Kid-ish.....but for a lot less money!!!! The girls wanted bunk beds.....but I know them way too well to agree to that!!!!

Have you noticed I haven't been sewing???? My machine is still at the shop. I called them on Friday and said...."hey, you've had my machine for a week and a half now." Their response was that they are a little behind. Hopefully this coming week I will have it back....or better yet....a brand new one without the problem!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Emily looks too cute to be a cartoon male character. My kids are over the Disney movies because they always manage to kill off either the mother, the father, or the entire family. I can't take cartoon drama in a "family" movie. I do love the bed. It does look like pottery barn. but how can you go wrong with white and florals? Abbie's all about the pink now. Everything is pink, even her computer desk! I hope you get your sewing machine back soon-it must be making you nuts. Also, love the washer and dryer-I want those, but only in red. I have to wait until we get settled before Walter will agree to that. As far as Disney goes, I worked at the Tiki Room and The Tree House in High School and part of college-yuck!

Katie said...

I have never seen Toy Story either. I did like Cars, and Ratatouille was cute, but there were a few parts that I thought were mildly inappropriate. Like there were some guns in the beginning, and a theme of an illegitimate child...which of course, was over the heads of the 4 year olds who went with us, but the moms didn't like it much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails