Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Quilting Through the Year



I haven't mentioned it in awhile, but I am still working on the Block of the Month Club through our local quilt store. I find that the colors are slowly growing on me. I almost think the blocks look like stained glass.


I still have no idea what I will do with them at the end of the year. Maybe I will quilt them up and give it away as a gift.


Or maybe the blocks will sit in my pile of other finished blocks that are waiting for a new life as a quilt.



Either way.....I always enjoy the excitement of picking up the next block kit each month and visiting with friends in the process.

As a side note, I had to use my old machine to make this month's block. My new machine is still in the shop.....two weeks now....but who's counting????

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

oooohhhh, i love these blocks and their colors. i can't wiat to see if you put them in a wuilt :)

Katie said...

Beautiful blocks, Cindy! The quilt for our local Shop Hop this month is batik in bright colors like that. It's one of those things I think you either love, or you don't. I do think they're pretty, though.

And...they need to just go ahead and give you a new machine, after all of this time! I would be pretty fidgety by now.

Anonymous said...

Such bright colors! That looks like perfect 1/4 " margins! Sometimes the old machines are the best.

Karina said...

these are really pretty, bright fun colors....

Related Posts with Thumbnails