Saturday, December 16, 2006

Another Christmas Gift Done....How Many More To Go???



This is a scarf for Wayne for Christmas. However, he knows about it, because he is the one that picked out the yarn. He chose a rather inexpensive suede yarn that was somewhat difficult to knit....but the chocolate color is beautiful. For Christmas a few years ago, his parents bought him a suede jacket that this scarf will match perfectly. I used a basic pattern that yielded a different look on each side so I guess it is somewhat reversible. Emily says it is "handsome." Just the look I was going for. Strangely enough, this is only the second scarf I have ever made. The first one is here. I am not much of a scarf knitter......although generally, I do enjoy a quick knit.

On a different note, I made another fabric acquisition today. I purchased enough fabric for three more projects. Yes, I remember that I already have two projects up on the sewing table.....but I just could not turn down these adorable projects for the kids. And it was even a balanced purchase......a project for each child. Hopefully I can start working on some of these items soon.....that or I need to stay out of the fabric stores......or both!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

ooooo, that is a nice chocolate color. looks good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails