Sunday, December 17, 2006

Birthday Wishes


Today our sweet Elisabeth celebrated a birthday and is now four years old. The girls and I always talk about what kind of cake they want for their next birthday.....it is the topic of much discussion thoughout the year. The other day Elisabeth told me she wanted a "stacked-up cake." Initially I had no idea what she was talking about. After further discussion I realized she wanted a two-layer cake (hence the "stacked-up nature")...white cake with white icing. So while she napped today this is what I made for her. I tried to put four sweet little white candles on the cake.....but Elisabeth picked this candle out while grocery shopping with her dad and she insisted upon placing it on the cake.


She had a birthday filled with a lot of great things: french toast and maple syrup for breakfast (prepared by dad), playing outside in 70 degree weather, going to the park for even more fun, a three hour nap, cake and ice cream, and opening great gifts from family and friends. All in all, I'd say it was a fantastic day!!!! When I asked her what her favorite part of the day was, she quickly responded with..... "eating the ice cream." Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

aww that is so sweet. i love to hear kids try to explain what they want and the things they make up trying to explain. it's too cute. and the cake looks really beautiful.

Karina said...

wow, happy Birthday to your sweet little one.....

Cindy said...

Jennifer I am so glad you are able to leave comments again.....I missed hearing from you.

Thanks for the kind words from both of you. I can't quite believe she is four already. And I really enjoy baking and decorating cakes even though I still needs lots of practice!

Anonymous said...

I think the cake looks great. I'm glad Elisabeth had a great birthday.

Cindy said...

Thanks Missy!!! Yes, I'd say she had a rather large day!!!! I'm not sure she has recovered yet!!! And about the time she does recover....it will be Christmas!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails