Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Matched Set and Misc. Ramblings


I decided to make a pin cushion to match the needle case I made last week. I have seen where several people have made this cute pin cushion....people such as Ruth and Jennifer. I think all of theirs turned out better than mine though. I do not think I put enough stuffing in mine. But anyway....this matched set will be a Christmas gift for a friend of mine and hopefully she will love it. I used the pattern/tutorial found here.

I am swamped with sewing and knitting projects. I have most of our Christmas shopping under control and now hope to start and finish a bunch of home made projects. On my sewing table I have overalls for Ethan, a dress for Emily, a dress for Elisabeth, two dresses for me and multiple other craft projects. Elisabeth wore her blue jumper yesterday and promptly informed me she would like another in red.

Yesterday Emily had her last piano lesson of the year. We will start back up in January. It is hard to believe the year is almost over. She told me she is going to play every Christmas song that she knows every day until Christmas. I can hardly wait because I love Christmas songs and she knows quite a few. Our piano teacher also had us play a lot of Christmas duets. And just so everyone knows.....Emily plays the piano much better than I do.

We decorated our Christmas tree this past weekend. If it were up to the girls, I believe the tree would be a permanent fixture in our living room all year long. As I was enjoying the tree yesterday I realized that about 75% of the ornaments on the tree are home made by me. Some of them are over ten years old or so. I am not sure what that means....either I must really like them and am sentimental, or I am cheap and don't want to spend money on new ornaments. I'm sticking with the first thought.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

ur pin cushion looked great. i know what u mean by "not stuffing it enouhgh" i think i had that problem with some of the ones i made.
yes, it sounds like u have ALOT of stuff on ur sewing list. it should keep u buys for a while :)

Karina said...

very cute, i love mine that jennifer made....

Anonymous said...

Not cheap!! It takes more effort and thought to make a meaningful ornament than it does to buy one. Any idiot can buy ornaments, but not everyone has the skill or talent to make them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails