Thursday, January 28, 2021

How to Crochet Cotton Dishcloths (Video)

  



I have posted  before about how much I enjoy making cotton kitchen dishcloths. I make them to give to others. And I make them for us to use in our kitchen. 

Last fall a few friends asked if I would show them how to make them. So after I thought it through, I decided to make a video. In the video I assumed the person watching was brand new to crochet, so I tried to cover all the basics. 

If you are interested in watching the video so you can make these wonderful dishcloths here it is. I hope you find it helpful! And please let me know if you have any questions. 

Happy crocheting, friends!!!

Cindy



My Favorite Crochet Cotton Dishcloth Materials Needed: Worsted weight cotton yarn (1 ball of yarn will yield several dishcloths) Size H/8 (5.00 mm) crochet hook Darning needle Chain 29 stitches. Row 1: Single Crochet (SC) in 2nd chain stitch from hook, and in each chain across. At end of the row, Chain 1 stitch, and turn. (Should have 28 stitches). Row 2: SC in the back loop of the 1st stitch. Then SC in the front loop of the next stitch. Continue stitching across the row alternating between the back loop and the front loop. At the end of the row, Chain 1 stitch, and turn. Repeat Row 2 for approximately 18 rows, or until the dishcloth is square. Remember that you can fold the fabric diagonally to see if it is square. Last Row: When the fabric is the length you want, SC in every stitch (going through both loops of the previous rows of SC. Cut the yarn leaving a 6” tail and either pull the tail through the loop on your hook OR enlarge the loop on your hook and pull the ball of yarn through it. Either way will lock in your stitches. Thread the darning needle with the ending tail and weave through a few stitches to stabilize the tail. Then repeat for the beginning tail. Trim the ends. These cotton dishcloths can be tossed into the washer and dryer with your regular towels. They will shrink a little but will serve you well for a long time. I hope you enjoy making these and hopefully you can share some with others. Be blessed friends!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails