Saturday, December 22, 2007

Quick Christmas Crafts.......


I thought I would share some of our favorite and not to mention, quick Christmas crafts. I never realized how much we craft with beads until I pulled these together to photo.

I think these wreaths are so sweet. Just use a red pipe cleaner, the green tri-shaped beads and small round red beads. Then bend the remaining ends of the pipe cleaner into a bow. These make great tree ornaments or an embellishment for a package.







Another wreath using white beads. The red color of the pipe cleaner came through and made a neat effect. Elisabeth made this one.





And it doesn't matter how many of these candy canes we have....every year we MUST make more!!!! Once again they make great tree ornaments or package embellishments.




For this little stained glass luminary, we used a glass votive candle holder and watered-down glue to stick little squares of tissue paper to the OUTSIDE of the glass. Then put another layer of watered-down glue on top of the tissue paper. Let it dry and then place a candle inside. Gorgeous when it is lit. The picture here doesn't give it much justice.....but take my word for it!





And I saved my favorite for last. I love these cute little flowers. All you do is use a flower that is usually found in the bridal area of the craft store. They have little wire stems. You use the stem to thread the beads on and it makes an instant little vase. Different color roses create a completely different look. These red ones look great for Christmas. I think they would be cute to set next to plates during Christmas dinner!!!! I keep a pink one on my dresser year round. Seeing it just makes me smile. At a craft class that I helped organize, the little girls could NOT make these things fast enough!!! They are kind of addictive!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails