Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Local SAGA Meeting........


I attended our local SAGA meeting this week. I had two Wee Care gowns completed to turn in. These gowns are so great on so many levels. They smock up so quickly and while smocking them I find myself praying for the baby who will use them. I think it is such a wonderful service project and I am proud to be involved.


The gowns I made are only about 12" long. Amazing, I know!!! And there are a variety of sizes that are needed at local NICU's. Each hospital has their own requirements. Our local NICU requests that the gowns have a drawstring neck so they are easily adjustable. Also the sleeves are to be left full.....with no elastic around them so they can manuever them on the babies better.

In addition to working on Wee Care gowns, we also have guest teachers at our SAGA meeting from time to time. This month we were honored to have Claudia Newton. She is a fantastic teacher. This was my first time meeting her, and true to life....she is a wonderful person. She made up kits for everybody that included everything needed to make adorable smocked needle books using a "new to me" smocking technique. I am not quite finished with mine...but I will post it when it is completed.


We also had the bonus of hosting the Wee Care trunk show this month. There were some gorgeous gowns and misc. items on display that we were able to admire. I am constantly amazed with the creativity of people. Now repeat after me.....I MUST SEW TONIGHT!!!! Christmas is rapidly approaching and I am way behind in my sewing projects!!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Just beautiful, Cindy! I've GOT to learn to do this! LOL

Anonymous said...

Cindy, what adorable gowns and the parents of the babies that wear those gowns will be so appreciative. I need to join our local SAGA group...it's something I've put off far too long. I have no excuses now. Happy Thanksgiving to you! :)

Anonymous said...

Those gowns are beautiful! You really do have such a wonderful talent with sewing. You should go into business. I'm sure you would be in high demand with such quality!

Cindy said...

Susan...thanks! I know you can smock if you want to. Maybe after the holidays I can put a tutorial together. I'll keep you posted.

Cheryl...thanks! I really enjoy our local SAGA group....hopefully you will too. Let me know how it goes.

Missy...thanks! I hope one day to sew for others when my little ones get bigger and don't request items often. My favorite is to sew for babies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails