Tuesday, December 12, 2006

There Are Angels Among Us



I have always loved fabric yo-yos....and they have finally come back into vogue. The on-line world seems to be buzzing with yo-yo mania. Here are some yo-yo angels I made to give as small gifts to some of our favorite people at our local shops. I will include a pin, as well as a thread hanger....so they can either be worn or hung on a tree. The best part was that I had all the materials on hand in my craft stash.




Here is my favorite yo-yo doll that I have had for over 30 years. My mother purchased this doll for me at a church craft sale when I was a small child. It has always been a favorite of mine. Just looking at her makes me smile. Today while I was examining her, I realized she is completely hand stitched....all the way down to the mini rick-rack on her neck ruffle. The creator of this doll put so much time and detail in the workmanship. The fabric order of yo-yos is even the same on her arms and also her legs.

Strangely enough I happened upon a new blog today and guess what she has a tutorial for??? You guessed it.....a yo-yo doll. Plus, if you are interested in making yo-yos and do not know where to start....here is a tutorial by Heather Bailey. Lots of people are making all sorts of things with these fun fabric yo-yos.....like tree ornaments, a tree decoration, wreaths, and garland. I find yo-yos somewhat addictive....it is hard to stop making them once you start. Maybe one day I'll have enough to make my very own yo-yo doll.......but in the meantime, I think I'll make a couple more angels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute are those angels?! I love quick easy crafts. It gives me an excuse to keep my fabric boxes-you know-for just such an emergency.

Related Posts with Thumbnails