Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas Card Fun



Yes, I know the holidays are pretty much over. But now that we are taking items down for storage, I keep coming across more fun things. We started doing this project last year and Emily still loves making these this year. We take Christmas cards that have been sent to us and cut the front off. Then using a hole punch, I make holes around the perimeter of the picture. Then using coordinating yarn, Emily "sews" around the card and finishes it with a yarn hanger. They provide lots of practice hand sewing and I think they are pretty as well!



Here is a small collection of the ones Emily has made. We have many more....but Emily also has given some away. In addition, they look great hanging on our interior doors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever idea. Also very Victorian-in that age, they used to cut out the images from cards to hang on the trees. Tell Emily she does nice needlework!

Jennifer said...

very cute! good idea for the younger ones who are wanting to sew.

Roberta said...

Hi! I linked over to you from a comment at Mrs. Wilt's blog.
I love this idea!!! My girls are 3 and 5 and this would be a great activity for them while I am helping my 10 y.o. with school.
Thanks for the idea. :)

Cindy said...

Roberta,

Glad you like the idea....my Emily loves making these. Hope your children enjoy it as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails