Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Floss Favorites.....


I have found that I can go into any store that sells DMC embroidery floss and within seconds I can find my favorite colors, without even looking at the numbers. I have used these same colors for several years. I use them for any heirloom embroidery, as well as Wee Care gowns. I thought I would share the color numbers with you just in case you are ever looking for colors that work well together. For my bullion rosebuds I always use the darker pink for the centers and then the lighter pink for the outside.

White....Blanc
Dk. Pink.....#761
Lt. Pink.......#818
Lt. Green...#369

In other news...the sweet little baby day gown is finished. Now I am pondering either a matching bonnet or a diaper cover. I do not have much fabric left so that will be the deciding factor. I hope to deliver the gift later this week. I hope they like it as much as I do....I realize I am slightly biased though.

We had our monthly Smocking Guild meeting this week...and it was fantastic!! One of our members shared with us how to sew little girl jumpers in 20 minutes....start to finish!!! Plus she also showed us similar techniques for short john-johns and long johns-johns. It was a wonderful meeting!!! And it is always great to visit with the lovely ladies...one of the highlights of my month!

I had my crown "seated" today at the dentist. Nothing like being in a dental chair at 8 am. But they were fast and I was on my way back home by 8:45 am. Good thing because Wayne and I played tag team, and then he was off to the airport for a business trip. Later today I am hoping to work on finishing a few more Wee Care gowns for delivery this Saturday. Plus, I am planning on trying a new muffin recipe!!!

Stay cool in this hot summer heat and keep stitching!!!!

3 comments:

Families Are Like Fudge said...

I would love to know the techniques for the quick children's clothes. I have 2 grand children to sew for and need hints to make item quicker.

Hallie said...

I would too only if it's not too much trouble! I have a new baby boy and have only sewn him one thing--a little diaper cover! Beautiful photo of the flosses. Hallie

The dB family said...

i love those colours.

I am itching to get at my machine. *sigh* Maybe next week.

Have a wonderful week!

Blessings!
Deborah

Related Posts with Thumbnails