Last week I made a few more Miss Lily dresses for the girls. The one above is for Emily. She picked this fabric out from our local heirloom shop. I thought the fabric might be a little too heavy for the dress...but it turned out great. On both of these dresses I did not make the bubble skirt. I left the decision up to the girls and they both wanted just a regular skirt instead. I followed the directions except for adding the underskirt and then, of course, since I left that part out I had to hem the dress bottom. Quick and easy!!!
This is Elisabeth's dress. I picked up this fabric from our local Hancock's a few months back. It was in the cotton quilting section. The sash across the middle of both dresses is grosgrain ribbon. It is sewn onto the front and then it ties in the back to cinch up the dress on the child.
And I know I have mentioned this many times before, but I like to use cotton twill tape to make a tag. I generally stitch it by machine, but it could be done by hand, and I then add the tag into the back seam. This helps the kids know front from back on some items, plus it helps me remember what size I made. Just another little tip that I enjoy and maybe you will too!!!