Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Spring Outfit For Emily......

(The sunshine was playing peek-a-boo with us....her top really isn't faded)
Well, I showed you Elisabeth's new spring dress here.....and now here is Emily's new outfit. She decided she did not want a dress but rather a long skirt and a top. So for the skirt I took her waist measurement and the desired length and fashioned a skirt for her. She loves it. And then I was trying to come up with an appropriate top for the skirt. I found I did not have a pattern that I thought would work well.....so I took the bodice pattern from a favorite dress pattern and lengthened it.



Of course I had to put piping all around the top. I find that I use this soft green gingham all the time for piping. It seems to work with so many fabrics.



And the top buttons up the back. Emily picked all the fabrics and the buttons. I think she did a great job!!! So now that I know these altered patterns worked out well and fit her......I will jump on in with her Easter outfit....which will be the same pieces but using different fabrics.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Lovely, as always. You inspire me! I enjoy seeing your creations. Oh, and I love the gingham piping, too!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful as always! I like the nice pastel colors.

Anonymous said...

Cindy - that outfit is adorable - so springy and girly! :)

Katie said...

What a pretty outfit...and my, does she look grown up!

Cindy said...

Ruth....thanks so much. You inspire me!!

Missy...thanks. I like the colors too.

Cheryl M.....thanks. Yes, it is springy!!

Katie....thanks. Yes, she is growing up...even though I don't know if I like it or not!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails