Monday, October 22, 2007

The Rest of the Story.....



I finished up a few more pieces to coordinate with Elisabeth's new little jacket. And for those that asked, the jacket pattern was Children's Corner, Robin's Little Jacket. I used the pattern but put it together differently since I quilted all three layers together. Above, even though it is hanging a little crooked, is a jumper made from the Martha Pullen Applique book. It is a lightweight corduroy and it is lined with the same green fabric as the jacket.




It is hard to see white on white, but this is the sweetest shirt. It is another Children's Corner pattern, Lettie. I love this pattern. I have always loved 3/4 length sleeves and ruffles!!! I will definitely make more. And although you can't see the collar well in this picture, I piped the edges in white piping.....I love piping!




And I made another skirt from Pintucks and Pettiecoats Brooke pattern.




And since it is reversible.....there are two skirts in one. Instead of scallops or ruffles, I bound the bottom edge like I did the jacket. All in all, a fun little ensemble to put together. And like I mentioned before, I still have some fabric left....so I could make up a couple more items. We'll wait and see but I think a cute little pair of capri pants would be precious!!

5 comments:

Susan said...

I'm blown away by all the creativity! You have done beautiful work, and I know your little girl will be so cute in her coordinated outfits!

Anonymous said...

Elisabeth is going to look so beautiful in that outfit. I love the colors you used. The shirt looks great, I too love the ruffle detail on the sleeves. It's what makes a girl, a girlie girl! You are just a sewing phenom! I hope you're not hunched over your machine all day in chains!

Cindy said...

Susan....thanks so much. I love to make things!!!

Missy.....yes, Elisabeth looks cute in the outfits but I can't seem to get a decent picture of her in them...hence the photos of clothes and no Elisabeth! And as for being hunched over the machine all day....I wish!!! That is my dream one day when the kids are all grown. But right now I only sew when they are sleeping. I have lots more to show that I've already finished...but I am bad at remembering to take pictures. I'm trying to get better!!!

Hopewell said...

That jumper is just classic! Lovely and simple. Perfect for the holidays, too. You have really inspired me to keep trying to sew!

Cindy said...

Hopewellmomschool....good, I want to encourage you to sew. It is really so rewarding!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails