Friday, October 26, 2007

We've Been Celebrating.....


....three birthdays this month. First Wayne, then me, then sweet little Ethan.



We had homemade cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing......delicious!!!

Ethan waited so patiently for us to sing "Happy Birthday" before he blew out his candle. (The number of candles is not an error. He is two years old...but whenever we celebrate with cupcakes we only use one candle. Chalk it up to family tradition....not that we can't count.)

Ethan opened several presents. He thought this puzzle was pretty fun. He also received a couple outfits.


And imagine his delight upon opening this huge box filled with 40....yes, 40 large, sturdy cardboard blocks that look like bricks. The girls had a blast helping Wayne and I assemble them. He LOVES them. We play with them all the time......building forts, knocking them down, building them back up, etc. Thanks Aunt Missy, I think we all love them!!!! You had a great idea!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little birthday boy! :)

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to all!

Katie said...

Goodness, he's getting so big! He looks like he loved his birthday celebration.

They have those big blocks in our church nursery (for the bigger kids, 2-4 year olds) and my kids love them. I thought about getting some for home, but I started envisioning them being strewn all over the place all the time, and decided against it.

Cindy said...

Thanks Cheryl and Susan. He is such a sweet boy and a joy to be around!!!

Yes, Katie, he is getting big. I can hardly believe he is two already!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ethan! He is starting to lose that baby face. Now, he looks like a mini man! Those cupcakes look yummy! I figured the block would be a hit-and being cardboard, can't really hurt anything. Remember I have 2 boys and I know what can turn into a weapon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails