Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sweet Fall Jacket.........


I've been working on a fall ensemble for Elisabeth. She is usually so easy to sew for....she likes just about everything I make for her. This is a fun little jacket that I pulled together. The quilting actually went much faster than I had anticipated. And what do you know....I put sweet florals and gingham together....again! My favorite!!! I love the way it turned out. And the fabric is like a brushed cotton....it is so soft and snuggly.

I have completed three other pieces that coordinate with it but I do not have pictures yet. There is an A-line jumper, a reversible skirt, and the sweetest little shirt. I can't wait to get good photos so I can share them with you all. I still have enough left-over fabrics to make a couple other pieces.....maybe a pair of pants and another shirt. Or I could make a couple of coordinating pieces for Emily. We will have to see what inspires me in the near future!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious jacket! You can get much better than florals/checks and pink/green! What pattern did you use?

Anonymous said...

That jacket is the cutest. She's going to look like a little doll. I can't wait to see the rest of the outfit. I wish I had your skill for sewing. If I were to machine quilt that, my lines would be crooked! Fantastic!

Elaine said...

I love the jacket! It's so cute!

Hopewell said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!! I'm not sure which I like more the sweet jacket or the cute reversible jumpers!

Cindy said...

Cheryl....I used Robin's Little Jacket by Children's Corner.

Missy.....thanks for the kind words. You do have the same skill for sewing!!! Remember...I have seen your work!!! Elisabeth's favorite dress last year was one that I am sure you made!!!

Thanks Elaine and hopewellschool for the kind comments!!!

I love it when people take the time to comment...it really makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails