Friday, May 25, 2007

Sewing Double


Two more cute outfits for my sweet girls. This time I could not help but make them matching outfits. I thought this fabric was so adorable....it is actually the blue version of Elisabeth's sweet floral dress. The pattern I used for the top is the Bonnie Blue McKenna, again. It seems to run very large on my girls. As for some trim, this time I put jumbo royal blue rick rack in the bottom hem. The shorts are once again Becky from Children's Corner. I love this shorts pattern. I think I can make these shorts up from start to finish in about an hour or less.


I have been sewing for thirty years or so and I have never used a sewing machine to sew on a button. I am not sure why....but I had not. Well....no more. I love to learn something new....so since I had ten buttons to sew on (five on each shirt) I decided to try it out. It worked fantastic. I am not sure I will ever sew on a button by hand again....except buttons with shanks of course...they won't work on the machine.

Next up on the sewing table: a sweet dress for Elisabeth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those outfits are adorable. Glad to see you're still creating and sewing. I hadn't heard from you in a while-so I was getting worried. The kids are growing like weeds. Have they been gardening? Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!

Katie said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the outfits! And I agree about sewing on the buttons. I love the button program--I was nervous to try it at first, but then I couldn't believe how easy it was.

Related Posts with Thumbnails