Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Blessings....From Our Family to Yours


We have had a wonderful and relaxing day today. I hope everyone else has had the same. The kids were all so adorable in their Easter finery. I am not sure the pictures captured how sweet they looked....so I included more pictures than usual.




The dresses fit the girls fantastically. With bishop dresses sometimes the neckline gets a little too "funnel-like" and doesn't fit correctly. I always use a bishop neckline guide and so far, every time it has created a perfect fit. With Ethan I went ahead and made the size two outfit. It definitely has a little growing room, but it fits well.


You can't see the detail of the dresses too well in these pics....but you may be able to click on them to enlarge the photo. I really like the color of the fabric.


I honestly wasn't sure about putting Ethan in a periwinkle blue houndstooth fabric, but in the end it was perfect. The owner of the heirloom store is the one that suggested it. I even took the outfits in to show her the other day because I was thrilled with how they turned out. And just for the record, I finished all the outfits on Friday with plenty of time to spare. And what I never mentioned was that I was sick for three out of the last four weeks....belly bug and ear infection.


Trying to get Ethan to stand or sit still for pictures is almost impossible. First we try the couch.....



....and then the floor. He's a busy boy with lots of things to look at, take apart, throw around, etc!


And I'll wrap up the long entry with our favorite holiday dish. Wayne's grandmother used to make this chicken entree often for her family. It's called Chicken Bodine and we mainly reserve it for holidays or birthdays. It is delicious. And to make it even more special Emily helped prepare it. While we were eating it, she said it was extra yummy because she put extra love in the dish while she was helping. Eventually it will all come full circle......hopefully my girls will prepare this dish for their families one day!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend!!!!

8 comments:

Katie said...

They all look beautiful, Cindy! What a wonderful job. I didn't make any Easter outfits this year. I was going to whip out a little jumper for AJ, but then the weather forecast was so dreary, so I'll save my efforts for a little later. Our heat is running here right now! =(

Jennifer said...

All of their outfits turned out wonderful, and both girls were beautiful. Great work!

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful!!Such sweet babies. I told you the outfits would come out perfect. Send me that recipe. I have one for Chicken bodine, but it doesn't look like your picture. I love Elisabeth's haircut. she looks like a little Victorian Doll!
Kiss the kids for me!

Karina said...

The outfits turned out great! Having a family dish like that is soo great!

Ruth said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures, Cindy. Your children are beautiful, and the outfits came out simply lovely. Do you have one of those puff irons for the sleeves? Just curious. Blessings!

Cindy said...

Thanks for all the kind comments.


Yes Katie, our weather was gloomy too. But my kids rarely notice the weather when they are excited about something...and they love Easter.

Missy, I will send you the recipe. It is kind of like a chickeny-bread pudding. YUM-O as Rachael Ray would say!

Ruth, I responded on your blog about the dress sleeves but I'll also add it here as well. You asked if I had a puff iron for the sleeves.....no, I don't. I did not even iron the sleeves on these dresses. The pattern is cut in such a way to make them so puffy. However, you probably know this but, in the past I have sprayed spray starch into the inside of the sleeve and then turned on a hair dryer and and dried it (shooting the air into the sleeve). I really puffs up the sleeves. Great trick!!!

Cheryl said...

The children's Easter outfits are so adorable.

Ruth said...

I have never heard of that (the trick about the starch and hair dryer)! I'll have to try it out. I just love learning new tips. Any other good suggestions?

Related Posts with Thumbnails