Sunday, February 25, 2007

Little Boy Blue


I am always amazed that Ethan lets me put these sweaters on him and take pictures. He is a pretty good little model. This sweater has such a huge gauge that it knit up very quickly. The pattern is from Marie Grace and I love the simplicity of it. Plus, I think I can make each of the kids one because I think the style of it works for both boys and girls.


When I went into my little yarn shop to find a suitable yarn, the only yarn available in the correct thickness was Plymouth Galway Chunky. Now, I love Plymouth Galway and Galway Chunky.....but I don't care for the colors for a little baby boy's sweater. However, we perservered and knit up this sweet little cardigan. It is still lacking the front zipper though because the sweater is such an off-color blue that I am having problems finding a zipper that matches. I may just have to go with white.....we'll see.



Ethan seems to like it ok.....as long as he can still play the piano in it.....he thinks it is just fine!!!

4 comments:

tigerfilly said...

What a gorgeous fellow, I love little boys in cornflower blue cardies!

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable sweater. I love the color. It's a shame you can't find an invisible zipper(clear) Because it would reflect the blue and match color. When I'm sewing, my hardest thing is matching notions. Maybe we should start a notion company and make colors no one else does!

Ruth said...

Ethan's sweater is great! One day I hope to be as quick a knitter as you seem to be.

My yarn is Lorna's Laces in the childplay color. I'm thinking of doing a Pure and Simple topdown cardigan (seamless). Have you ever made that pattern or one similar?

Elaine said...

I love the sweater! You did an excellent job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails