Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's All Coming Back To Me Now..............


I now remember why my pleater has been banished to the back of the guest room closet for the past five years!!!! Pleating is just not fun!!! I did manage to pleat up the bottom of the sleeves last night without incident (and remember folks....I am making two dresses....which translates to four sleeves.....). However, tonight my luck ran out while pleating the neck lines of the bishop dresses. With the first dress I managed to start the pleating too low on the neck....so out came the threads and we started over. Fortunately all went well the second time around. Even though my back was aching from all the bending over, I went ahead and started on the second dress. It was going well until somehow the fabric became all skewed and the pleater needles started skipping stitches. So....out came the threads and I will try again tomorrow. I consoled myself by getting my sweet children to sleep and then knitting on my current project. I am about 75% completed on another sweater for Ethan.


Here is sweet Elisabeth riding her bike yesterday. I have to keep looking at these sweet faces to remind myself why I unearthed this above mentioned pleater in the first place. Anway, we have had some nice warm days lately...although today that warm weather created favorable conditions for BAD weather and ultimately, tornadoes. Fortunately, we did not have any too close by....but our prayers are with those in Enterprise, AL.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Bishops are definitely more difficult to pleat than yoked dresses! That's why I'm not doing a bishop, lol. I did get my fabric pleated and blocked, ready to smock.

Are you placing your pleater on the floor to pleat? I'm just wondering why you're getting the back ache. Try setting the pleater up higher. I place mine on my ironing board and let my threads hang down to the floor. Just a suggestion--not trying to tell you how to do things. :-)

I can't wait to see your finished dresses. I'm worried about getting one dress done, and you have to do two, plus Ethan's outfit. I think you're amazing!

blessings,
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Hey! I remember you used to complain about that machine years ago. It looks like a medieval weapon of torture. No wonder your back hurt. It makes mine hurt just looking at it. Just keep telling yourself how beautiful the girls are going to look in their one-of-a kind dresses. And those sweet faces!
I guess that's why God made them so sweet-so we wouldn't leave them outside at the curb ha-ha!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails