Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Post Christmas Post



We had a nice and relaxing Christmas day. We got up and started our day with some breakfast. Then after dressing, we leisurely opened our gifts. The girls were enthralled with their Baby Alive dolls. Plus there were plenty more fun dolls and items that kept their attention all day long.
The girls wore their special red outfits. I did manage to finish Elisabeth's dress the night before. The pattern calls for a ribbon around the bottom of the bodice.....but I am not sure I like the way the ribbon looks. Emily says she is ready for another jumper and is trying to determine what color she wants.


Ethan had a fun day as well. Even though we have had our Christmas tree up since Thanksgiving weekend, he has never once tried to touch it or the gifts that rapidly accumulated underneath it. However, once the first gift was opened, it was difficult to keep him away from the tree. Even today he is still reaching out to touch the tree and pull ornaments off of it.



Here is Elisabeth's dress without the ribbon around the waist. I guess we can attach it if she wants it on or leave it off if she doesn't. The dress seemed to take forever to make because the bodice is fully lined. I think jumpers are my favorite because they do not have sleeves or collars to worry about. However, I did put in the best zipper ever.....I pinned it, hand basted it, and then machine stitched it.....took awhile but I guess it was worth it. Elisabeth actually picked out this fabric at Hobby Lobby several weeks back. Emily chose a solid red fabric with black accents for her dress from the same pattern....but her option has long sleeves without a collar. I am not crazy about this pattern so unless she really wants it....I'm not reminding her about it.

Yesterday we had a lot of great food and fortunately almost all of it is gone. I can't eat like this every day....I would gain 50 pounds. In the last few days we have had chocolate chip cheesecake, chocolate pie, spritz cookies and all the usual Christmas dinner items. I guess I really have a post Christmas bloat!!!! No matter what....it's time to clean up the dinner dishes, let Emily sew on her new Bernina, and then play a great game of Hi Ho! Cherry-O with Elisabeth. Hope everyone had a great holiday surrounded with loved ones.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the dress with the ribbon. It give definition and a clear line between bodice and skirt. Elisabeth sure does have good taste.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you and your family had a great Christmas!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails