Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Free Directions for Smocked Christmas Ornament...



I hope you are enjoying the sights and sounds of this Christmas season!!! My favorite is hearing all four of my children playing Christmas songs on the piano!!!

This week I am working on my Christmas shopping and addressing Christmas cards to share with friends and family.  I also still have four pairs of pj pants to make for my little ones.  That has been a tradition of ours for many years.  I should do a round-up of past Christmas pjs that are here on the blog. (I have years and years of content on this blog concerning all types of sewing, tips, tricks, techniques, etc.  There's a search bar on the right side that you can use to search the entire blog.)

Anyway, although I don't have many gifts wrapped and under the tree yet....I do have this sweet smocked ornament on the tree.  I made this ornament many years ago and I still love it.  

I have basic directions for making the ornament that I shared with my local smocking guild years ago, and I'm happy to share it with you too.  Just drop me an email and I will send it to you.  I do not have the pattern for the cute little tree though.  It was in the Sew Beautiful Holiday 1988 issue.  However,  I tried to get a close-up picture so you can probably re-create it easily if you'd like.

Happy Stitching!

xoxo,
Cindy

2 comments:

Carol Ann said...

I am trying to teach some young mothers to smock and starting with an ornament. My question is how wide of fabric do I need to pleat to be ready to smock to cover a #3 ball which is 9 1/4 inches around.

Thank you,
Carol Ann

Cindy said...

Hi Carol Ann, I would use a piece of fabric 5" x 40" or 45" wide. That sounds like a lot of fun to teach young moms to smock!!! You are going to be such a blessing to each of them!!! I hope you have a great time!!! ~Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails