Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving 2018!!!




This picture has some of my favorite things in it!  I love Thanksgiving and taking time to slow down, enjoy time with loved ones, and reflect on the blessings in my life!  Do you see the tablecloth in the background?  My precious cousin, Leonora who was more like a great aunt than a cousin, crocheted it for me about 30 years ago.  She and I shared a mutual love of reading, baking, and crocheting.  I'd go to her house and we would  stay up super late on Thanksgiving Eve making cakes, pies, etc to share with our family.  We started this tradition when I was about 12 years old and continued until I moved away for graduate school when I was in my early 20's.  Those are such special memories to me.  I made the basket many years ago when I was determined to learn how to weave baskets.  I have many baskets now that I have made over the years....but I love the colors in this one.  Some precious friends of ours invited us over recently for fellowship and they had all the supplies for us to make these beautiful fall flower arrangements using a real hollowed out pumpkin as the vase.  Gorgeous!!!  I need to snap another picture of just the arrangement!!  And the Thanksgiving Day poem by Lydia Maria Child....well, it's such a wonderful poem and a tradition.  I remember learning this song when I was about 7 years old.  It's a favorite for sure!!!  And the book it is in here is from my Childcraft collection.  I love these books and had a set when I was growing up.  I now have two sets and my little ones love to browse through them as much as I did, and still do.

We have already had our big meal for the day.  It had all our traditional dishes and it was lovely.  Now the kids are stringing Christmas lights outside the front of the house and I'm thinking about working on a stitching project.  I have several I'm working on right now - so the problem will be making a decision on which one to work on.

I hope your day has included some of your favorite things too!!!  From our house to yours, I wish you a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day!!!

xoxo!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails