Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Baby Girls and Pink Dresses....





There is something about newborn baby girls and precious pink dresses.  Call me old-fashioned!!!  So when a young friend of mine was pregnant with her first baby girl I knew I had to make her a few dresses.





This precious daygown is from an Old Fashioned Baby pattern called Priscilla's Layette.  I used white cotton batiste for the dress and pink and white gingham for the bias binding around the neck and sleeve edges.  I stitched dainty bullion rosebuds down the button placket using my favorite colors of floss.  I also stitched up a diaper cover from a pattern by Ellie Mae Designs using the same gingham, and lined them with the white batiste. I have a hard time giving a dress without a coordinating diaper cover.  Maybe that's because I have two girls and I always liked their dresses to have matching diaper covers.  




I also really wanted to start this sweet baby out with a bishop dress.  Since bishops have raglan sleeves they really grow with the baby, transitioning across several seasons.  When they get too small to be worn as a dress they generally still fit across the shoulders and neck and can then be paired with leggings, pants, or shorts.  I also made a matching diaper cover for this dress.  I used my favorite bishop pattern which is the Bishop Trio from Creative Keepsakes.  I've been making this pattern for almost twenty years now and I still love it!!! The smocking plate is Cary Anne from Ellen McCarn.  I actually have very few smocking plates because I love this one SO much I use it all the time.

Have you had the pleasure of stitching for a fresh baby lately???

Keep stitching friends!!

xoxo!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails