Thursday, April 08, 2010

Easter Outfits....Part 2.....



Since Emily is home from the hospital and is continuing to improve, I find we are slowly getting back into our normal groove. So I thought I would show you pictures of the girl's Easter dresses. Today I'll show you Elisabeth's dress.

I love the overall look of this dress. I drafted it to have a boat neck and be sleeveless. And it has a full skirt with ties in the back. I really like this floral fabric....to me it says "Easter!!!" For the bodice lining I used a purple and white gingham.




I thought the top may need a little something at the last minute, so I made this quick little rick rack flower and put a covered button in the center. I used this same idea when I made the flower pot pin cushions last year for one of our SAGA workshops. I attached it from the inside with a safety pin, so it can be removed or placed elsewhere on the dress.



I also added rick rack to the two tucks on the front. I normally would have used smaller (regular-sized) rick rack but Elisabeth really wanted purple rather than pink and this was all that I had in purple.



And it is kind of hard to tell.....but there is a tuck towards the bottom of the skirt. This tuck also incorporates the hem and it works up so fast and easy and clean!!! I love it. I would have added some more rick rack here.....but unfortunately, my local heirloom shop ran out. So I may order some (if I can determine what color of purple it is) and add it. I think it would balance the dress out...but until then, I am fine with it. Hopefully I can get a picture of Elisabeth wearing it soon. But today is rainy and windy....so I think we will stay inside....and eat brownies!!!!

2 comments:

Martha said...

So cute and I think the larger ric-rac really works! Love it. Glad baby girl is feeling better.

Goosegirl said...

What a beautiful dress. The print is so dainty and the rickrack is the perfect trim. I love the tucks. Perfect sewing as always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails