Saturday, January 05, 2008

Still Making Quilt Blocks......After All These Years...


As some of you may remember, I have participated in our local quilt store's "block of the month" club for several years now. I do have one completely finished quilt to show for it thus far. I also have a stack of blocks from last year and now this year to one day assemble together.

I do think the color of the quilt this past year is just now starting to grow on me. It kind of reminds me of stained glass.


Now to just find the motivation to put them all together. Early last year out of sheer boredom I started quilting each individual block with the intention of doing the "quilt as you go" method. That was quickly dropped when Easter and Spring/Summer sewing came across my sewing machine. So here I am with 12 blocks that need to be put together into some meaningful order and quilted. OK, let's be honest....these 12 blocks will sit in my pile of fabrics until one day I get a wild hair and work like crazy to make them into a quilt. Until then, I am crazy enough to sign up for the "block of the month" club again at my local store. Honestly, I have met some of the most wonderful people just from participating. Plus I can't stand the thought of being left out!!! Next weekend....I just may be the first one there for pick-up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love doing the quilt blocks. You have inspired me to get my machine back out and finally finish those blocks. It's only been 5 years since I've worked on them!

Cindy said...

Missy, can't wait to see pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails