Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wee Care Delivery.....


A few weeks back my local Smocking Guild delivered another batch of sweet little Wee Care gowns. I always enjoy collecting them from various members beforehand so that I can admire them as I iron them in preparation for delivery. I made a good many of the gowns this time because a lot of our older ladies have retired from our Guild this past year. The above gown is my favorite to make. I love white smocking on a white gown. Then I add some sort of bullion rose to finish it. I also like blue on white with a blue bullion bow which is good for a boy.



On this sweet pink one I did pink on pink with a bullion rose.



And my Emily crocheted and donated 14 more preemie hats of various sizes.

I have had a lot of people contact me about Wee Care gowns and how to make them. I am thinking of doing a multi-part tutorial about them. I use my own pattern for the gown so I think it should be fine. I will start working on it and let you know more soon. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask them!

4 comments:

Jan said...

love tutorials. My vote is yes!

Kellie said...

Love these! And Bravo x3 to your little girl for participating with her abilities!! Love those!

dlogan said...

I vote yes too!! Even though I am a veteran wee care sewer, I think new motivation is the best! And, Cindy, I love your gowns. They always inpsire me to smock:) Darby

Mosaic Magpie said...

Oh PLEASE do a tutorial....I have so much to learn!
xo,
Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails