Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Free Smocked Christmas Ornament Pattern.....



I have had quite a few people contact me recently about this smocked Christmas ornament pattern I made last year for a Smocking Guild meeting. Most people have asked if it's for sale and if so, for how much. I do not have it for sale...but I have been sending it to anyone that has asked. Therefore, I thought I would make it available to anyone else that is interested. So if you would like my very basic directions on how to make these fun smocked ornaments feel free to email me (sewblessed {at} mchsi {dot} com) and I'll be happy to send you the pdf handout I gave to the guild members last year. (The smocking plate I used was from Sew Beautiful Holiday 1988 and so it is not included in my directions.)

I hope your Thanksgiving Day was wonderful!! We had a fantastic day here with just the six of us!!! Now we are heading towards Christmas at full speed. I'm dreaming of dresses to make for my Elisabeth (who still enjoys wearing my dresses) and little jon-jon's for my Ean....but right now I am working on two, yes two, full-size quilts for a church friend. The goal is to finish them by Christmas. Wish me luck!!!


2 comments:

Hopewell said...

That's really lovely! You could do one white, one red, one green with contrasting stitching--make a lovely tree on their own!

Goosegirl said...

It is beautiful! I would love to make one, but I have promised my hands a smocking break so they can heal. Sigh. I miss smocking already and I just finished a dress yesterday. I am making other ornaments that are easier on my hands and trying to convince myself that they will be just as cute. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE your smocked ornament.

Related Posts with Thumbnails