Friday, March 14, 2008

Another Smocking Project....



I am finally using my lace shaping board!!! And I am thrilled with it. I have started a new smocking project....even though I should be finishing up Easter frocks for my little ones. Why can't I focus on one sewing project at a time? Well, honestly I really like to have a couple of projects going at any given time. Because then when I have a few minutes free in the kitchen...I can cut out a pattern, or when I have a few minutes in my room where my machine is....I can sew a seam or two (yes, it is VERY common for me to sit down and sew ONE seam - they all eventually add up), or if everyone is asleep and I am not, then I like to have some quiet things to do.....like hand embroidery or smocking. So for me it is comforting to have several projects going at the same time in various stages of progress.


Anyway, this current smocking project is something for Elisabeth. I am not sure if it will be a dress or a top. I will decide as I continue to work on it. The kids and I have spent the last couple of afternoons outside enjoying the sunshine and I have been smocking this piece during that time. So now the smocking is complete.....but I think I will have to dedicate my weekend sewing to finish Easter outfits first and then I will continue with this one. I am looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that fabric!! :) Can't wait to see what it becomes....:)

Anonymous said...

I guess you like to change up so you don't get bored with any one project. I love the smocking. I'll bet it looks great when you are finished.

Cindy said...

Thanks Cheryl....I love the fabric too. I hope it turns out well. Sometimes what I have in my head doesn't come out so great with the fabric...we'll see.

Missy....thanks. Yes, I am always rotating through my projects....keeps me out of trouble!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails