Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Still Blessed...



It's been a pretty busy year for our family.  But I am still here!  And I've been sewing quite a bit lately. As always, I find it therapeutic!!!  

A friend from church asked me to make custom outfits for two of her childhood dolls. I had so much fun with both.  For this doll the only request was to make a white dress.  So I made it a bit heirloom by giving it pintucks, hem tucks, entredeux, and lace.  The doll's cloth body is pretty wide so the dress looks a bit boxy - but it does fit the doll well. Now she has a new cotton batiste dress, bonnet, and bloomers.  She is adorable!

I have also been doing some 18" doll sewing, and some quilting.  Plus I have a few new techniques to share soon!!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Such a pretty outfit for a doll. As always, your sewing is beautifully done. It's nice to see you post again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails