Monday, January 10, 2011

Staying Put.......


(Ethan digging in the snow ~ Jan. 10, 2011)

I think we'll be staying put for a few days. And I'm not sure I'm thrilled about it. I had to cancel a chiropractor appt. for this morning, a dental appt. for tomorrow afternoon, and our food co-op pick-up which should have been this Wednesday has been slipped until next Wednesday. Life comes to a screeching halt when it snows in the South!!!




Overnight last night we had about 10 inches of snow settle all around us. The kids had a blast playing outside this morning. It is a wet snow though and they all came in freezing and wet. After changing clothes and warming up with some hot chocolate, I was surprised but they never asked to go out again. Emily even told me tonight that the snow was beautiful but she was ready for it to be gone. The problem is that the temps are not going to be above freezing until Thursday.

After a very lazy and unproductive day I decided to pull out the embroidery module for my sewing machine. I actually stitched out four different items....once I started I couldn't stop!!! Hopefully I really will have something to show in the next few days...if cabin fever doesn't get the better of me!!!!


3 comments:

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

I definitely know what you mean. We have a conference at church beginning this Thursday. I needed to go to the church to finish prepping for classes. Who knows when I'll get to do that? My husband was supposed to take off to be at the conference, which goes through Saturday, but he now may have to work Friday and Saturday to catch up from being out yesterday and today.

I had hoped to clean and sew yesterday, but we ended up with a houseful all day. We had a lot of fun, but I'm hoping to be productive today.

dlogan said...

Ethan cannot be this big!! So sweet. Darby ox

Cindy said...

Darby...I know I can't believe Ethan is this big either. Where does the time go???? Hope you are well!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails