Saturday, September 25, 2010

(A-Line Dress I made last month-my own pattern)

Sluggish....that's how I've felt this week. You know how when you have so much to do that it consumes your every thought...and then when you finally complete it all you are just worn out? That's how I have felt this past week. Lots of things on my plate and all at the same time. And I've mentioned before that I try hard to not let misc. things impact my time schooling and being with my little ones. So you know what that means, don't you? That means that I stay up WAY too late after they are safely tucked into bed. It is then that I finally try to get a few things done each and every night. But guess what? The kids still get up at 7ish in the morning no matter what time I go to sleep the night before. Tired...yes, that is what I am.

But this week has been fun. I had Smocking Guild earlier this week...that was great. Plus I still need to show you a peek at what Emily has made and what she is currently working on. It is going to knock your socks off. This little girl is amazing!!! Plus the kids and I also went to some local children's museums. It's always fun to act like a tourist in your own town. I'm always cooking...but the past few weeks I've REALLY been cooking. I've re-introduced meat into my life for the added protein benefit. So I've been making lots of chicken and homemade broth and other stuff. Oh, and I even decided to try my hand at sourdough. I made a starter last week and coddled it for awhile. Then one morning this past week I used it to make some sourdough oh, my were they yummy!!! The kids and Wayne were gobbling them up like crazy!!!! Perfect with some maple syrup to get your day started!! I've also been working on a few pattern edits for some friends of mine. I know it's hard to believe...but I enjoy technical writing and am glad to be able to help out friends.

Oh, and I almost forgot....we spent all yesterday afternoon in the ER with sweet Ethan. He went from fine to screaming, holding his belly, and sweating in the matter of about 5 minutes while heading into town yesterday. Of course, it was during lunchtime so our pediatrician was unable to be reached. I did the next best thing and drove us straight to the ER. Nothing major was the verdict 4 hours later. He is fine and back to normal today. Praise God!!! (And I promise had nothing to do with my cooking!! :o)

I think that sums up our week. I have a few things I want to finish up sewing-wise and then I have a few more things that I want to start. Why is it so much fun to start things...and not always so much fun to finish them? That is the question!

Later friends!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Loooove that dress!!!! I think I have that same piece of fabric, is that a Nashville cotten??? will have to make the girls one like it!!
Hope your little one is better!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails