Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Wee Care Sleeve Changes.....



I mentioned before that I like to tinker with the Wee Care gown patterns from time to time.
So I thought I would mention it again for anyone that may be interested. In the photo above you will see the finished version of my most recent "altering." It has to do with the sleeves. One day I was wondering what these sweet little gowns would look like with a more "angel sleeve" look.


So I took the sleeve pattern and curved the bottom edge slightly as you can see in the above picture. The white paper is the original sleeve pattern and the yellow paper is the revised sleeve pattern.


In this picture I put the new sleeve (yellow paper) on top of the old sleeve pattern (white paper). Can you see the difference? It is a very small change. The gown is assembled the exact same way as before....just using the new sleeve pattern.


I think it looks more like an angel sleeve. And I like it enough that I think I am going to make the gowns like this every time now.

5 comments:

dlogan said...

Cindy, you are so creative. I am always inspired by what you do. God Bless, Darby

Laura said...

I love that! Such a small change, yet it makes a big difference. Thanks!

Ellie Inspired said...

I really like the effect of changing that sleeve just that little curve. I would stick with this pattern too!! Your smocking looks wonderful.

Jan M said...

Truly a gown fit for the smallest of sngels. I love your adaptation.

Cindy said...

Thanks ladies....I enjoy this kind of stuff...and sometimes I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. But it sure keeps my mind thinking all the time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails