Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pleating Wee Care Gowns.....


Last Sunday evening found me pleating Wee Care gowns. Our Smocking Guild meeting was Monday so I wanted to have some gowns available for members that might want to take some to smock. I noticed after I pleated some 15 of them that the pattern that the pleating threads made reminded me of salt water taffy. I lived in the Gatlinburg, TN area while I attended UT graduate school. Some of the various candy shops made salt water taffy while you stood there....it almost makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Anyway, our local Hancock's had their quilting thread 50% off a few weeks back and I picked up 8 spools just for my pleater. I always try and stay away from bright thread colors because I don't want the colors to bleed on our precious gowns....but I did not realize I had such beautiful pastel colors until I got home and threaded the pleater. I hope our Smocking Guild ladies do not have a hard time with these light colors. But I love them!

We have been on tornado watch all day. Plus Elisabeth found herself at the doctor this morning. It appears she may have a case of strep throat. This has been the year of sickness for our family. We usually get sick 2 times a year...tops! But these past few months have been crazy!!! I'm praying no one else in our home gets this.

I hope you all are well. Try and grab a few minutes of stitching this weekend!!! It is great therapy!!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I love making Wee Care gowns! Your gowns are such a pretty shade of pink and I love the pastel threads for pleating - when my ugly orange ones run out, I'm getting pastels!

Robin Hart said...

Thank you for making Wee Care gowns. I started using different colors for pleating years ago... love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails