Friday, January 15, 2010

Ethan's Sporty New Hat......


I have had Ethan's hat finished for a week or so now. I love it. I used brown corduroy for the outside and a blue/white/brown plaid for the inside. It has been sooooo cold this week that Ethan has had plenty of opportunities to sport this hat around town. It's funny because a lot of people have commented on it. I guess you just can't find hats like this around for little ones anymore. I even had one grown man ask me to make him one just like it. I told him I'd have to measure his head for dimensions...he said he was ok with that. This will prove interesting!!!
We've had a busy...but great week. I have decided to demonstrate how to make the three tiered skirt for our Smocking Guild meeting next week. So I need to work up a handout and another sample or two. I think I'm going to make a skirt for one of the 18" dolls that resides in our house. That is the neat thing about working from measurements...it works for children or dolls.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails